Name of module: Strength of materials 2
Module code: 18503
a. Number of credits: 02 credits
b. Department: Strength of materials
c. Time distribution:
- Total: 30 lessons.
- Theory: 18 lessons.
- Exercise: 10 lessons.
- Test: 2 lessons.
d. Prerequisite to register the module: After studying Strength of materials 1.
e. Purpose and requirement of the module:
Knowledge: On the basic of the fundamental knowledge taught in Strength of materials 1, Strength of materials 2 supplies students with necessary knowledge and calculating methods to solve complicated load-resistant cases, the most popular cases of dynamic load in technics, the ways to compute the stability of the column subjected to axial compressive load as well as curved bars.
- Be able to correctly think, analyse, evaluate the load-resistant state of construction parts, machine parts.
- Be capable of applying the knowledge of the subject to solve practical problems.
- Be able to solve the basic problems of the subject proficiently.
- Obviously understand the important role of the subject in technical fields. As a result, students have serious, active attitude and try their best in study.
f. Describe the content of the module: Strength of materials 2 module consists of content below:
- Chapter 7: Combined stresses.
- Chapter 8: Buckling of columns.
- Chapter 9: Dynamic load.
- Chapter 10: Curved bar.
g. Compiler: MSc Nguyen Hong Mai, Strength of materials Department – Basic Science Faculty