Name of module: Strength of materials 1
Module code: 18502
a. Number of credits: 03 credits
b. Department: Strength of materials
c. Time distribution:
- Total: 48 lessons.
- Theory: 26 lessons.
- Experiment: 6 lessons.
- Exercise: 14 lessons.
- Test: 2 lessons.
d. Prerequisite to register the module: After studying theoretical mechanics.
e. Purpose and requirement of the module:
Knowledge: Supply students with knowledge about the fundamental concepts of the subject, the geometric properties of cross-sections, the mechanical properties of materials and methods to determine them. As a result, the subject brings out methods to calculate the strength, the stiffness of construction parts and machine parts in basic load-resistant manners.
- Be able to correctly think, analyse, evaluate the load-resistant state of construction parts, machine parts.
- Be capable of applying the knowledge of the subject to solve practical problems.
- Be able to solve the basic problems of the subject proficiently.
- Obviously understand the important role of the subject in technical fields. As a result, students have serious, active attitude and try their best in study.
f. Describe the content of the module: Strength of materials 1 module consists of content below:
- Chapter 1: The fundamental concepts
- Chapter 2: Axially loaded bar
- Chapter 3: The properties of areas
- Chapter 4: Torsion in round shaft
- Chapter 5: Flexure of initially straight beam
g. Compiler: MSc Nguyen Hong Mai, Strength of materials Department – Basic Science Faculty